About EFIC (An Empty File Creator)EFIC (Empty File Creator) is a small and reliable application that create file in various size and Pattern. EFIC use two method to create file. First is instant writing and second is Pattern Writing. EFIC is use Windows API and RAM Buffer to create file using various pattern. Pattern range is 0x00 to 0xFF are used to create file.Example: If we use 0x41 pattern for writing the all sector will be filled with 41 41 41 41 etc. when you open this file in notepad you can see equivalent ASCII char AAAA. So it also can be used to secure overwriting file Disc.
For more information on this project please visit my project page http://code.google.com/p/efic/
EFIC create empty or blanck file.It uses two method
- Instant File Creating(only NTFS)
- Uniform Pattern File Writing(Maximum Compressible File(s))
- Random Pattern File Writing (Un-Compressible File(s))
Instant File CreatingEFIC Create instant file like 5, 10, 50 GB in second without writing data or pattern.To create instant blank file open EFIC Choose Location (Default Location is Desktop Dir) now Choose File size to create and choose Do Not Fill(Faster) (Default).And Then Click on Create Button.
Pattern File CreatingTo create patterned file just select 0x00 or 0xFF Or Custom Char. Custom Char must be in range 0x00 to 0xFF and without 0x Prefix.
Random Pattern File Writing
To create Random Pattern File just select Random Hex Type-1 or Random Hex Type-3.
Performance:I have Taken Taste on Intel P4 3.06Ghz HT with Samsung 7200rpm 80GB HDD.EFIC takes 3804ms for 100mb patterned(0x00) data writing which is about nearly equal to max writing speed of HDD(26mbps).
- Capable to create file in Byte to GB in instant speed..(HDD NTFS only)
- Create batch file set attributes and time-stamp.
- Faster method creates any size of file in just seconds.(HDD NTFS only)
- Internal 2MB buffer used to create file so it RAM is low consumed.
- EFIC use pattern writing like 0x00 to 0xFF.
- Also write random data so it can create non-compressible File(s)
- Tested on Windows xp, Windows 7(32bit and 64bit)
- Easy to use Interface.
LicenseUnder GNU GPL.v3.0 Free Software(You don't need to register or pay)
DownloadPlease Click Here To Go Download Page. or browse source code.
April 22nd, 2013 v220.127.116.11
- Minor GUI and Bug Fixed.
- Added Ability to create zero byte files.
January 16th, 2013 v18.104.22.168:
- Added batch files creation
- Added Random Function to create Non Compressible File
- Added to set file attributes, time stamp and file name
- Initial Release